Tuesday, August 25, 2026

time to share my thoughts again...

I watched a video where it was told how it had been time and again recorded that a man's brain actually shrunk as he became a father. Instantly I was amused when the speaker told of how the shrinkage involved reasoning, troubleshooting,  and empathy most specifically. I thought, "well, that e plains why father's are always depicted as dumb oats. They are only a part of who they were." Then the brain scientist went on to explain how this was an evolved trait specifically aimed at better parenting. "What?" I thought, "how could less brain in those areas help hom be a better parent?" She went on to explain how they shrinkage was a way to physically account for the greater capacities of men from prolonged care was given to his family. In early cognitive development, I have studied a stage when a brain streamlines neural pathways by weeding out non essential ones. So, men, who are loving fathers become honed in on what is relevant to their task, thus giving up a large portion of their brain. Very, counter intuitive, huh? Well, next I was watching a video about how we need to stop trying to solve everything, and just trust (only believe). Now. It may seem counter intuitive, but, I honestly think this is a great way we can shrink our worries and focus on what matters. A good example of this is Abraham's first wife Sarah. It seems like ahe was doing her best to further God's will that Abraham be the father of many nations, even if it is not directly through her... seems pretty astute, but, what if she had simply shrunk and in that more helpless state just believed that God could do his will and if he needed her help, he would ask for it. The story ends up that Sarah, though barren and past child bearing age, she had a child, who would come to be the line from which all Israel (Jacob) would come.

So, my thoughts are that similarly, we ought not try to solve out every perceived trouble, aiming to make our way easier, but, we ought to instead fortify the neural pathway that results in just accepting and believing despite what seems. 

This thought comes from the lense of Job and his ordeal being fresh in my mind from CFM lesson that caused me to consider Heavenly Father asking questions that mortal man cannot answer, so we see that his perspective is much broader than ours and what we see as a huge tragedy might not be that to Him.

I wish I could find the video I saw once about how perspective makes all the difference sometimes. I'll sum it up like this:

https://youtu.be/I9ficvPdpZg?is=daiLeRxgVOPnsble

That is your life. Who cares if it seems like a failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment