Saturday, September 27, 2014

Carl Sagan

I felt the need to record a thing that happened years ago unless I am unable to pass it on.

I felt the overwhelming sense of "This is where I belong" when we were watching a video by Carl Sagan in Dahlonega, GA. I was at an Engineering Camp, and had recently written about a dreamy sort of thing that I had trouble putting in words, so I used poetry. The poem was about enlightened
Grains of sand gathering on a distant shore. As I watched that video and worked on my low temperature physics paper, I kept feeling so happy that I was there. There was a place where I could belong. I loved being surrounded by information and thoughts. I was too young to worry about other needs.

Later, I felt that way again, at the temple dedication. Uh, but this time I was aware of a missing thing. I was alone. Being alone is not part of my goal, I wrote a song about it called, "Be Free" in it I sing that "for once in my life, I want to belong... Be long with you" That is my potential and I am going to ask for it.

I have to realize that, although heard, answers come in least expected ways and times. But, I will be heard and if my experience at that Engineer Camp was any indication, a fufilling forever is worth waiting for.

No comments:

Post a Comment