Monday, September 15, 2014

The Giver

I rewatched this movie multiple times to be sure I was recieving all truths I needed. One overarching realization struck me. Though, things were good, ideal even, life was missing the most important quality of life, Love. Even family ought to be centered on this. Likely, it was the same thing that drew me so curious to the family life on Thor 2.

Sure, I freely admit a society based on other truths worked, and I regard cerebralism, but even in this working model, the most important things, and crowning realizations are never made.

The hero feels and accordinly makes a huge personal sacrifice, though never actually asked. The reciever not only gets, but reflects and deems love, though it also causes pain and suffering, to be worth sacrificing all that actually was ideal so that others might realize it.

This had been the thing I wondered at all along. Hadn't I been taught that any relationship would work? It just felt wrong. Surely, not any ought to be my head for eternity. It was far too serious an issue. I could contrast the way I felt for my children. That was pure love, and my doubt continues to surface regarding my companion.

I grew up watching movies like "Princess Bride" where true love is seen as a very rare comodity, one I am not likely to find, so love was not an attribute I looked for or even regarded. But, in Sunday School, someone brilliantly suggested that it was actually the only commandment we are given. If we honestly love, we desire everything we are commanded, it seems as if, to me, it was known that we,would fail to see the importance of love, so we would need to be commanded in all things.

So, the concluding revelation yesterday was that God has never, nor will he ever compel us. Obedience is the gift we may give. We will want to give it if we love. So, in a sense love is the key to freedom, because it is said exact obedience is the key to Freedom. Men are free to choose, true, but when we do so out of love we no longer need the bridle to steer us and we are trusted and free.

In the movie, people seem to be free, but they are constantly monitored and even their clothing is assigned to produce sameness or equality. I do not think we can love without being able to distinguish.

No comments:

Post a Comment